One small action can make a big difference to the quality of life of people with dementia and their families.
Throughout Ireland change is happening. People are taking action to create communities where people with dementia and their families are respected, supported and connected.
You can be part of this movement by taking action and joining forces with other individuals, businesses and service providers within your community.
It is easy to do, for example:
- Become dementia aware through training and other supports
- Support a person to stay active in their social groups such as golf/GAA/retirement clubs
- Consider how your
business / serviceaccommodates customers who may have dementia, in terms of lay-out, lighting, seating, noise
- are understood, respected and valued
- can stay socially connected and actively engaged in community life
- can access local businesses and amenities that are responsive to their needs
- can navigate the built environment with ease
Find out how you can take action as an individual, business/service provider or community champion and the supports available to you